Acceptable Use Policy
Bright House Networks’ parent, Charter Communications Operating, LLC and its subsidiaries providing the services (“Spectrum”) seeks to create and foster an online community that can be used and enjoyed by all its customers. To further that goal, Spectrum has developed an Acceptable Use Policy. Although much of what is included here is common sense, Spectrum takes these issues very seriously and will enforce its rules to ensure enjoyment by all its customers. Spectrum therefore has reserved the right to remove any content posted to its system, which it deems offensive, inappropriate, or in violation of its policies. It also reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer's account for engaging in inappropriate conduct (customers, of course, also remain legally responsible for any such acts.) In using Spectrum services (“Service”), customers accept these restrictions as well as those set forth in the Service Agreement and agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes and not to use or allow others to use Spectrum:
- To post or transmit hate speech, threats of physical violence, or harassing content
- To post or transmit material in violation of copyright laws
- To post or transmit content that is legally obscene or violates child pornography statues or contain graphic visual depictions of sexual acts, visual depictions or sexually explicit conduct involving children, or depictions of children, the primary appeal of which is prurient
- To post or transmit other sexually oriented material that, in the specific context, is offensive or inappropriate
- To post or transmit commercial email from a residential account or bulk email with prior written approval of Spectrum
- To post or transmit off-topic or commercial messages on bulletin boards
- To engage in illegal, unlawful, or tortuous conduct or other conduct that interferes with Spectrum ability to provide service or interferes with the rights of others including, but not limited to libel, invasions of privacy, consumer fraud, unauthorized dissemination of trade secrets, violation of trademark laws, hacking, or transmittal of commercially restricted information
- For running packet sniffers, decoders, analyzers, password gatherers, or other similar tools for any purpose whatsoever
Subscriber will not resell the Service, or any portion thereof, or otherwise charge others to use Spectrum, or any portion thereof. Further, Subscriber will not redistribute the Service, or any portion thereof, whether or not Subscriber receives compensation for such redistribution.
Spectrum reserves the right to modify this policy at any time, effective immediately upon posting of the modification. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of the Acceptable Use Policy in effect at the time of use.